GTM to Enigma V8 oops!

Welcome Forum Enigma Forum Please introduce yourself GTM to Enigma V8 oops!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  peeps 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

peeps
    Participant

Hi, just a quick introduction, I have spent the last seven years restoring a GTM K3 which is a small mid engined car only to find that where previously I could get in and out easily I now have to pour myself in and out, not very dignified. I have been watching the Enigma develop over the last few years and now am embarking on building a V8 hardtop, ambitious to say the least! My kit will be here in December and so I have sourced a low mileage Lexus engine and a 2007 hardtop MX5,the latter now fully stripped and body gone so refurbishment underway as we speak. I will try to post a build log as I go on so wish me luck.

Peter.

peeps
    Participant

Well, slow progress at the moment, work getting in the way, however chassis was collected from Martin on Easter sunday and placed on the rotisserie so that I can fit the fuel lines and the brake lines without crawling around on my back. The petrol tank had to be modified so I removed 5 inches from one end and plated it back up. This will lose me half a gallon capacity but thats life! Having done that the subframes have been loosely fitted, the front one being modified for the V8 so now on its wheels its time to drop in the engine for the first trial fit and see what clearances we have for the steering column etc.

Peter.

peeps
    Participant

Dammit! whilst lowering the chassis off the rotisserie I had a spot of bother resulting in the chassis dropping and hitting my hand on the way down – broken hand ensues!! Four weeks later I can now get back to it so with the engine and transmission on the crane I find that it’s mighty tight and that the rear lifting hook on the engine fouls the chassis crossmember. Out again to remove said hook and while it’s out the subframe can now go for blasting and powder coating. Whilst away it gives me chance to fit the bulkhead wiring loom and a bit of bulkhead soundproofing. That done the dashboard follows so that I can fit the steering column and work out the extension needed before putting the engine back in. Must keep going!

Peter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.